[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Logging in containerized services

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at redhat.com
Thu Jul 20 14:06:06 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 4:53 AM, Mark Goddard <mark at stackhpc.com> wrote:

> Kolla-ansible went through this process a few years ago, and ended up with
> a solution involving heka pulling logs from files in a shared docker volume
> (kolla_logs)

That's basically the same solution that we're currently using.  I'm
specifically recommending a solution that moves away from tailing log files
and towards a /dev/log based logging interface (and I'm suggesting we use
rsyslog for log gathering logs and shipping them to a remote point because
the distribution packaging for that is very mature and there's a good
chance that it's already running, particularly in tripleo target
environments).

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at redhat.com>