[openstack-dev] [horizon] [horizon-plugin] [requirements] Moving to Django 1.11

Rob Cresswell robert.cresswell at outlook.com
Wed Jul 19 14:38:24 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

Django 1.11 support has landed for Django OpenStack Auth [1], which was released shortly after [2]. Horizon's Django 1.11 support is just merging [3], at which point we will raise the global requirement [4] and make the Horizon / DOA tests voting [5].

At that point, we should be able to merge the requirements patches and tag Django OpenStack Auths final release for Pike. The only other blocking issue that I'm aware of is getting django-babel released (external to openstack) with Django 1.11 support; there is a GitHub issue open [6].

Overall, we should (fingers crossed) be able to land this effort on time for non-client lib freeze and requirements freeze. Big thanks to everyone that contributed towards this.

Cheers,
Rob

1. https://review.openstack.org/#/c/484722/
2. https://review.openstack.org/#/c/484914/