[openstack-dev] [nova] loss of WSGI request logs with request-id under uwsgi/apache

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Jul 19 11:16:44 UTC 2017

I was just starting to look through some logs to see if I could line up
request ids (part of global request id efforts), when I realized that in
the process to uwsgi by default, we've entirely lost the INFO wsgi
request logs. :(

Instead of the old format (which was coming out of oslo.service) we get
the following -
http://logs.openstack.org/97/479497/3/check/gate-tempest-dsvm-neutron-full-ubuntu-xenial/5a0fb17/logs/screen-n-api.txt.gz#_Jul_19_03_44_58_233532

That definitely takes us a step backwards in understanding the world, as
we lose our request id on entry that was extremely useful to match up
everything. We hit a similar issue with placement, and added custom
paste middleware for that. Maybe we need to consider a similar thing
here, that would only emit if running under uwsgi/apache?

Thoughts?

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague