[openstack-dev] [infra][devstack] DIB builds after mysql.qcow2 removal

Ian Wienand iwienand at redhat.com
Mon Jul 17 09:22:34 UTC 2017

Hi,

The removal of the mysql.qcow2 image [1] had a flow-on effect noticed
first by Paul in [2] that the tools/image_list.sh "sanity" check was
not updated, leading to DIB builds failing in a most unhelpful way as
it tries to cache the images for CI builds.

So while [2] fixes the problem; one complication here is that the
caching script [3] loops through the open devstack branches and tries
to collect the images to cache.

Now it seems we hadn't closed the liberty or mitaka branches.  This
causes a problem, because the old branches refer to the old image, but
we can't actually commit a fix to change them because the branch is
broken (such as [4]).

I have taken the liberty of EOL-ing stable/liberty and stable/mitaka
for devstack.  I get the feeling it was just forgotten at the time.
Comments in [4] support this theory.  I have also taken the liberty of
approving backports of the fix to newton and ocata branches [5],[6].

A few 3rd-party CI people using dib have noticed this failure.  As the
trio of [4],[5],[6] move through, your builds should start working
again.

Thanks,

-i

[1] https://review.openstack.org/482600