[openstack-dev] [rpm-packaging][karbor]

Jiong Liu liujiong at gohighsec.com
Fri Jul 14 08:29:17 UTC 2017

Message: 2
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 12:10:00 +0530
From: Chandan kumar <chkumar246 at gmail.com>
	<openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [rpm-packaging][karbor]

Hello Jiong,

Thank you for packaging karbor.

On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 11:49 AM, Jiong Liu <liujiong at gohighsec.com> wrote:
> Hello rpm-packaging team and folks,
>

> I got trouble with packaging OpenStack project(karbor), which depends
> on two
> packages: icalendar and abclient.
>
> icalendar has pip package and RPM package, but RPM package can not be
> found by RDO CI.

python-icalender is available in fedora:
https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=10783
We can pull it soon in RDO.

> While abclient only has pip package but no RPM package.

abclient is not available in Fedora or RDO. I am packaging it. It will be soon available in RDO.

> So in this case, what should I do to make sure these two packages can
> be installed via RPM when packaing karbor?
>

> My patch is uploaded to rpm-package review list, as you can find here
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/480806/

Thanks,

Chandan Kumar

Hi Chandan,

Thank you so much for doing this.

So theoretically, how long will it take to have these two packages installed via RPM successfully by rpm-packaging CI? Would it possible to have them in before OpenStack Pike release?

Thanks!
Jeremy