[openstack-dev] [all][api] POST /api-wg/news

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Thu Jul 13 16:45:22 UTC 2017

Greetings OpenStack community,

If you missed our meeting today, well, you didn't miss much. Not a lot of new things going on. The bulk of the meeting was taken up with ideas for what we'd like to accomplish at the upcoming Denver PTG. We thought that it might be useful to have an informal "what do you think about our API" session, where people from various projects could bring up issues they are concerned about in their APIs, and we could then discuss what might be a better approach. The initial idea isn't to force anything, but rather to have these discussions *before* an API is released, so that there might be fewer problems later on. These are still initial working ideas, so we agreed to think this through a bit more before next week's meeting. If you have ideas, please let the group know.

# Newly Published Guidelines

None this week.

# API Guidelines Proposed for Freeze

Guidelines that are ready for wider review by the whole community.

None this week

# Guidelines Currently Under Review [3]

* A (shrinking) suite of several documents about doing version and service discovery
  Start at https://review.openstack.org/#/c/459405/

* WIP: microversion architecture archival doc (very early; not yet ready for review)
  https://review.openstack.org/444892

# Highlighting your API impacting issues

If you seek further review and insight from the API WG, please address your concerns in an email to the OpenStack developer mailing list[1] with the tag "[api]" in the subject. In your email, you should include any relevant reviews, links, and comments to help guide the discussion of the specific challenge you are facing.

To learn more about the API WG mission and the work we do, see OpenStack API Working Group [2].

Thanks for reading and see you next week!