[openstack-dev] [nova] Blueprint review focus toward feature freeze (July 27)

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 16:35:10 UTC 2017

As discussed in the nova meeting today [1] I have started an etherpad of
blueprint changes up for review [2] broken down into categories to help
focus reviews.

I did something similar in the Newton release and use this to help
myself organize my TODO list, sort of like a Kanban board. As things
make progress they move to the top.

I've already filled out some of the changes which are very close to
completing the blueprint and we could get done this week.

Then I've started noting changes against priority efforts with notes.

I will then start filling in categories for other blueprints that need
attention and try to prioritize those based on what I think can actually
get completed in Pike. For example, if there are two changes which
haven't gotten much review attention but I feel like one has a better
chance of getting completed before the feature freeze, I will prioritize
that one higher. Some people might think this is unfair, but the way I
see it is, if we're going to focus on something, I'd rather it be the
thing that can be done, rather than divide our attention and fail to get
either done.

Please let me know if there are questions.

[1]
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/nova/2017/nova.2017-07-13-14.00.html
[2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-pike-feature-freeze-status

Matt