[openstack-dev] [glance][rally] Disabling Glance Testing in Rally gates

Kekane, Abhishek Abhishek.Kekane at nttdata.com
Thu Jul 13 11:48:58 UTC 2017

Initial finding:
This is something related to uwsgi socket timeout. Default value for socket-timeout is 30 in /etc/glance/glance-uwsgi.ini file.

For testing purpose I have tried to create 10 GB image using create command:
$ time glance --debug image-create --name dsl --file gentoo_root.img --disk-format iso --container-format bare

real    2m48.539s
user    0m4.076s
sys     0m10.012s

It has failed with “502 bad gateway” after 3 minutes. Then I have increased this timeout to 60 and restarted glance-api service and ran above command again.

$ time glance --debug image-create --name dsl --file gentoo_root.img --disk-format iso --container-format bare

After this I was able to create image without any issue.

So another workaround is to set socket-timeout to higher value in /etc/glance/glance-uwsgi.ini file.

Thank you,

Abhishek Kekane