[openstack-dev] [heat] Online video meet up this week (topic:review)

Rico Lin rico.lin.guanyu at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 02:24:00 UTC 2017

> On 2017-07-12 01:47:02 +0800 (+0800), Rico Lin wrote:
> [...]
> > we will make our meeting this week as an online video meeting
> [...]
>
> Friendly reminder: "If the project has meetings [...] they should be
> public and in IRC. They should all be logged and published"

https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/new-projects-requirements.html
I would rather call this video meet as `meet up` as in title said,
since we will not discuss any other thing but just review and share
thought about each patch.
(Which I will definitely share the information On IRC and WIKI for sure)

> Also, while Zoom's service and client software may be "free" in the
> gratis sense, they are not free in the libre sense. Moving your
> meetings to a proprietary system (whether it charges money for you
> to be able to use it or not) isn't in the spirit of an open
> community and necessarily excludes participation by people who value
> software freedom.
That's a great stand of point that we all agree on (or otherwise why we're
here:)),
but through the team meeting, we can't think out for a video channel that's
happened
to be a pure open source one (and stable to use). And of course, if people
can help to provide
such an environment for us to try on, then I'm happy to give it a test :)