[openstack-dev] [keystone] office hours report 2017-7-7

Lance Bragstad lbragstad at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 01:35:08 UTC 2017

Hey all,

This is a summary of what was worked on today during office hours. Full
logs of the meeting can be found below:

http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/office_hours/2017/office_hours.2017-07-11-19.00.log.html

*The future of the templated catalog backend
*

Some issues were uncovered, or just resurfaced, with the templated
catalog backend. The net of the discussion boiled down to - do we fix it
or remove it? The answer actually ended up being both. It was determined
that instead of trying to maintain and fix the existing templated
backend, we should deprecate it for removal [0]. Since it does provide
some value, it was suggested that we can start implementing a new
backend based on YAML to fill the purpose instead. The advantage here is
that the approach is directed towards a specific format (YAML). This
should hopefully make things easier for both developers and users.

[0] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/482714/

*Policy fixes*

All the policy-in-code work has exposed several issues with policy
defaults in keystone. We spent time as a group going through several of
the bugs [0] [1] [2] [3], the corresponding fixes, and impact. One of
which will be backported specifically for the importance of
communicating a release note to stable users [0].

[0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1703369
[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1703392
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1703467
[3] https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1133435

*Additional bugs worked*

Transient bug with security compliance or PCI-DSS:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1702211
Request header issues: https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1689468

I hope to find ways to automate most of what is communicated in this
summary. Until then I'm happy to hear feedback if you find the report
lacking in a specific area.

Thanks,

Lance