[openstack-dev] [kolla] failed to download image from TryStack

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Jul 11 14:40:40 UTC 2017

On 2017-07-11 17:24:55 +0800 (+0800), Jeffrey Zhang wrote:
[...]
> first of all, this site is not trystack, it is tarballs.openstack.org.
>
> I asked openstack infra team. got following feedback
>
> > this was disabled yesterday since the images produced massive
> > load. fungi started putting up a caching proxy for these.
>
> This is disabled and will be enabled in the future.

Correct, the recent increase in CI jobs repeatedly retrieving 2-4GiB
files from the tarballs site resulted in a denial of service for all
other sites we're also serving from that system (governance,
releases, security, specs, service-types, trystack, logs,
docs-drafts). We're nearly finished with a series of patches and
manual adjustments to our CI mirror and proxy network to allow files
from the tarballs site to be retrieved through caching proxies local
to nodes running jobs, thereby distributing the load from these
large artifacts much more broadly.
--
Jeremy Stanley