[openstack-dev] [masakari]Remove ERROR instances from recovery targets

Rikimaru Honjo honjo.rikimaru at po.ntt-tx.co.jp
Tue Jul 11 07:51:15 UTC 2017

Hello all,

Current Masakari also rescues ERROR instances when host failure happen.
Those instances will be changed to ACTIVE after rescued.[1]

But I think that some users don't want to rescue ERROR instances.
For example, if user is running 1ACT/n SBY application on instances,
launching ERROR instances will cause unexpected effect.

So I want to add a configurable option.
ERROR instances won't be rescued if the option is set.

Please talk your opinion about this issue.

P.S.
I talked about this issue in IRC meeting.
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/masakari/2017/masakari.2017-07-11-04.00.log.html
But time was up at that time.

[1]
This is Evacuate API's behavior.

[2]
There is a possibility that following patch resolve this issue,
but that will take time.
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/469029/

Best regards,
--