[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Queens PTG

Giulio Fidente gfidente at redhat.com
Fri Jul 7 17:38:03 UTC 2017

On 07/04/2017 08:00 PM, Emilien Macchi wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 9:37 PM, Giulio Fidente <gfidente at redhat.com> wrote:
>> On 06/28/2017 04:35 PM, Emilien Macchi wrote:
>>> Hey folks,
>>>
>>> Let's start to prepare the next PTG in Denver.
>>>
>>> Here's the schedule draft:
>>> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xmOdT6uZ5XqViActr5sBOaz_mEgjKSCY7NEWcAEcT-A/pubhtml?gid=397241312&single=true&usp=gmail
>>> We'll have a room Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. We'll probably
>>> finish by end of Friday morning.
>>>
>>> Etherpad for the PTG:
>>> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-ptg-queens
>>
>> thanks Emilien!
>>
>> I've added a session into the agenda about the integration of
>> ceph-ansible as this brough in a generic functionality in Heat and
>> TripleO which allows services to describe workflows to be executed
>> during the overcloud deployment steps
>>
>> I think it'd be nice to review together what the submissions tracked by
>> the two blueprints actually do [1] [2] and how!
>
> Really cool. Indeed, a session for this topic would be awesome. Please
> make sure we prepare the agenda (maybe prepare a TL;DR on the ML to
> summarize what has been done and what remains).
> So we prepare the session correctly and can directly start with
> pro-active discussions.
Thanks! I've just added a link to the session etherpad:

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-ptg-queens-heat-mistral-ceph-ansible

I think it'll be interesting to discuss it at the PTG because it
provides for a pretty generic mechanism to:

1) run unmodified playbooks, per service
2) pass native params to the playbooks without wrappers
3) build the full inventory to keep the decision on where to run the
tasks in the playbook
4) keep in heat the mechanism to emit per-role settings and also
orchestrate the deployment steps

But some of it can probably be generalized further and extended or
changed for a potential even more tight integration with ansible (thanks
Steven and James for the feedback)... bringing us slowly to the other
topic which James added to the agenda!
--
Giulio Fidente
GPG KEY: 08D733BA