[openstack-dev] [nova][placement] Add API Sample tests for Placement APIs

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Fri Jul 7 10:08:01 UTC 2017

On Fri, 7 Jul 2017, Shewale, Bhagyashri wrote:

> Imagine one api with version x returning 5 attributes in a response and micro-version x.1 returning 6 attributes in a response and for some reasons there is a regression
> and the micro-version x starts returning 6 attributes instead of 5, then I expect the tests should fail but as per the current tests,
> it won't be detected as we are only verifying only the required attributes from that specific micro-version.

For this specific case you could count the number of returned
attributes using the `len` functionality. If you wanted.

I've gone ahead, however, and implemented the read from disk
functionality that we've discussed in earlier messages. If you and
others could have a look at

     https://github.com/cdent/gabbi/pull/216

that would be great. If we decide it is suitable I'll merge it and
make a new release. There's another change pending which might also
be useful:

     https://github.com/cdent/gabbi/pull/215

Thanks for sticking with this conversation and making your goals
clear.

--
Chris Dent                  ┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)       https://anticdent.org/