[openstack-dev] [tripleo] weekly meetings on #tripleo

Marios Andreou mandreou at redhat.com
Fri Jul 7 09:57:01 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 7:56 PM, Emilien Macchi <emilien at redhat.com> wrote:

> After reading http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-
> June/118899.html
> - we might want to collect TripleO's community feedback on doing
> weekly meetings on #tripleo instead of #openstack-meeting-alt.
>
> I see some direct benefits:
> - if you come up late in meetings, you could easily read backlog in
> #tripleo
> - newcomers not aware about the meeting channel wouldn't have to search
> for it
> - meeting would maybe get more activity and we would expose the
> information more broadly
>
> Any feedback on this proposal is welcome before we make any change (or
> not).

+1 Agree with folks here lets try it and in general it shouldn't cause big
problems but we'll find out I guess

One negative I could think of is the meeting logs being harder to find for
those miss a meeting -  I went looking for and got
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23tripleo/ so irc is all logged but
you'd still have to find it... not a huge problem as you know the exact
day/time and we can make it easier if we use some kind of 'start meeting'
/end meeting tag as usual to make it easier to search for.

thanks