[openstack-dev] [tc] Status update, July 7th

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Jul 7 08:19:48 UTC 2017

Hi!

This is the weekly update on Technical Committee initiatives. You can
find the full list of all open topics at:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/TechnicalCommittee

== Recently-approved changes ==

* Add "Glance Contributors" to top-5 wanted list [1]
* Doc link updates: octavia
* Goal completion updates: octavia, nova

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/474604/

So we now have two items in our "Top 5 help wanted" list: doc owners and
glance contributors. Those are duties that the TC deems beneficial to
all of OpenStack and necessary to our continued success. You can find
the list at:

https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/top-5-help-wanted.html

== Open discussions ==

Glare was officially proposed as a new official project team. Please ask
questions or voice your objections at:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/479285/

The two changes around TC 2019 vision are still up for review. We are
ready to take those to the next stage, so if you haven't already, please
see those at:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/453262/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/473620/

Discussion also continues on two clarifications from John Garbutt:

Decisions should be globally inclusive:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/460946/

Describe what upstream support means:
https://review.openstack.org/440601

Discussion on Queens goals is nearing the end. We seem to have general
consensus on the two proposed goals, and champions have volunteered to
drive them. If you disagree, please chime in on the thread at:

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-June/118808.html

== Voting in progress ==

Vote has started on the patch proposing to remove the last remaining
'big tent' references:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/480500/

== TC member actions for the coming week(s) ==

flaper87 to update "Drop Technical Committee meetings" with a new
revision, when he finishes celebrating his birthday.

dims to sync with Stackube on progress and report back

== Need for a TC meeting next Tuesday ==

I propose we have a meeting next week to discuss the next steps in
establishing the vision. I feel like we should approve it soon,
otherwise we'll get too close to the vision date (Spring 2019)... We
also need to wrap up the goals (selecting the two and deferring the
others). Who is up for discussing those items at our usual meeting slot
time on Tuesday ?

Cheers!

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)