[openstack-dev] [FEMDC][MassivelyDistributed] Strawman proposal for message bus analysis

Paul-Andre Raymond paul-andre.raymond at nexius.com
Wed Jul 5 19:48:29 UTC 2017

Thank you Matt,

This is very insightful. It helps.

The second link did not work for me.

In the presentation, it mentioned that the load consisted “Boot and List” operations through Rally.
Did I understand well?
Were those hitting the Openstack UI?
Was keystone involved? Was it using Fernet or another sort of token?

Intuitively, I expected
- the big driver for performance on mariadb would be authentication tokens. And fernet would allow to control that.
- The big driver for performance on rabbitmq would be ceilometer, and it is not clear from your presentation that any telemetry data hit the message queue.

Regards,

Paul-Andre