[openstack-dev] [FEMDC] Use Cases

Paul-Andre Raymond paul-andre.raymond at nexius.com
Wed Jul 5 18:53:34 UTC 2017

Following our discussion today, I have added a slide (see slide 11) in the google docs about  not underestimating the importance of networking for our use cases.
Specifically, to fully describe a use case, It would be useful to flesh out the following aspects.

The performance of a specific use case will depend specifically on how networking implementation is done in Edge Node.
1- Do we use Neutron or something else? (e.g. Tricircle)
2- Is networking in Edge node at L2, or is it done at L3?
3- Is there a need for encryption (between edge and central nodes)? Is there a performance impact (e.g. MTU)?
4- How is Control plane separated from User Plane?

This completes an action I took today.

Regards,

Paul-Andre