[openstack-dev] [ironic][magnum][kolla][ansible][puppet][rally] removing SSH drivers from Ironic

Alex Schultz aschultz at redhat.com
Wed Jul 5 13:54:55 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 5:01 AM, Pavlo Shchelokovskyy
<pshchelokovskyy at mirantis.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> as mitaka branch was finally EOLed, Ironic team is going to proceed with
> removal of SSH-based power and management drivers for virtualized HW which
> were deprecated back in newton release.
>
> Since newton the virtualbmc-based simulation of IPMI-capable HW is
> officially supported, and we plan to switch all gates away from using *_ssh
> drivers and eventually remove those from the ironic code, most probably in
> Pike release.
>
> I've skimmed through the project-config/zuul/layout.yaml and found a number
> of projects that use some gate jobs with 'ironic' in the job name which are
> not defined in project-config/jenkins/jobs/ironic.yaml, those project are
> tagged in the subject of this message.
>
> While kolla, magnum, OSA and rally seem to have only non-voting jobs with
> ironic and thus should not be completely broken by removal of SSH drivers
> anyway, puppet-ironic seems to have a voting
> "puppet-openstack-integration-jobs-scenario002" job.

We're OK, we don't have the ssh driver[0] in our test job.  We also
had previously deprecated the ssh driver in puppet-ironic[1] so we can
remove it now that we're in Pike.

Thanks,
-Alex

[0] https://github.com/openstack/puppet-openstack-integration/blob/master/manifests/ironic.pp#L73