[openstack-dev] [tripleo] [ui] Integration testing in tripleo-ci

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Tue Jul 4 17:48:22 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 10:51 AM, Honza Pokorny <honza at redhat.com> wrote:
> I'd like to write some integration tests for the TripleO UI.  Simple
> configuration checks, workflow tests, websocket tests, etc.
>
> I had a quick look at the tripleo-ci [1] repository, and it wasn't
> immediately obvious to me how to extend the existing infrastructure to
> add something like this.  It seems to me that the current way is just
> "stick some shell script here and here".  The tripleo.sh script is about
> 1,600 LOC and it look rather intimidating.
>
> I'm looking for help or pointers on how to do this.  Is there a standard
> way of accomplishing this?  Are there any helpers I should be aware of?
> Is there any documentation beyond what is in the git tree?
>
> Any help would be appreciated

I think we have 2 options here (which could also be mixed):

- Using tripleo-validatons and make sure we run it in CI.
- Write a tempest plugin for tripleo-ui (like Horizon has one:
https://github.com/openstack/tempest-horizon) (it could be
openstack/tempest-triploe-ui) for example. We could run the tempest
tests in the CI jobs (we're working on running Tempest on scenario
jobs, see efforts made in
https://trello.com/c/Z8jIillp/252-spec-out-the-work-required-to-run-tempest-on-the-tripleo-gating-jobs).

Please do not implement tests in tripleo-ci or quickstart, I think we
need a way to test it outside CI and include it directly in the
product.

Thanks,

> Thanks!
>
> Honza Pokorny