[openstack-dev] [elastic-recheck] Miscellaneous questions of potential Neutron interest

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Tue Jan 31 18:38:58 UTC 2017

Hi all,

we were looking at expanding usage of elastic-recheck in Neutron, and
several questions popped up that we would like to ask.

1. Are all jobs eligible for coverage with queries? The reason we ask
is that there was some disagreement on whether all job runs are
eligible, or e.g. gate queue job runs only. For example, in Neutron,
we have fullstack and functional tests that are in check queue but not
in gate queue. Can we still post queries for those jobs? Will e-r bot
match against those queries?

2. Review velocity is not stable in the project. Sometimes we get
immediate reviews, sometimes not so much (the last one took me a month
to land a query). It's important that new queries get timely feedback.
Can we consider expanding core reviewer team to smoothen the process?
If not, how can we make sure queries land in time?

3. I see some IRC channels have elastic-recheck bot reporting about
identified failures in the channels. How can we add the bot to our
channel?

Thanks for the answers,
Ihar