[openstack-dev] [aodh][vitrage] Aodh generic alarms

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Tue Jan 31 16:43:35 UTC 2017

On 31/01/17 08:34 AM, Afek, Ifat (Nokia - IL) wrote:
> If you query Vitrage (or get a notification from Vitrage) and then you query Aodh, then Aodh will not return any additional information. But – if you query only Aodh, you will be aware of the fact that the instances are at risk. Without the integration, you will see that all instances are OK performance-wise, and you might mistakenly conclude that everything is else also fine.

i see. so the proposal was to have Aodh be the place where we collate
alarms from Aodh AND Vitrage. i agree, that's probably not what Aodh
should be doing (i'll still push that to Panko)

would a possible workflow be to maybe have Vitrage send alert to Aodh
and for Aodh to listen to that event and reraise if needed? or if
vitrage can just reraise, then it can send that event to Panko so we can
see all information on that resource.

my assumption right now is Vitrage itself is listening for a bunch of
alerts (from zabbix, etc...) and has a set of 'composite' alarms which
when it receives alert x and alert y, it 'deduces' that it should send
an alert z?

cheers,
--
gord