[openstack-dev] [nova] nova-status upgrade check failing in grenade run

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 23:07:30 UTC 2017

I've got a patch up to grenade to try and integrate the nova-status
upgrade check command as part of the upgrade from newton to ocata:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/426926/

That's failing one of the checks in nova-status, the details are in a
bug report I've created:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1660484

With the decision to allow a fallback in the filter scheduler if the
minimum nova-compute version in the deployment isn't new enough, I think
we can loosen this check in nova-status for Ocata, and make it strict
again in Pike when we remove that fallback in the filter scheduler.

I'm posting to the list to get thoughts since I've marked this as
ocata-rc-potential so time is a factor.

Matt Riedemann