[openstack-dev] [aodh][vitrage] Aodh generic alarms

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Mon Jan 30 17:11:17 UTC 2017

On 29/01/17 08:52 AM, Afek, Ifat (Nokia - IL) wrote:
> On 26/01/2017, 20:09, "Julien Danjou" <julien at danjou.info> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jan 26 2017, gordon chung wrote:
>>
>>> On 26/01/17 11:41 AM, Julien Danjou wrote:
>>
>>> and vitrage would be an alarm orchestrator?
>>
>> Yup, something like that. It could be the one driving Zabbix and
>> creating alarms for Zabbix in Aodh when a new host is plugged for
>> example.
>
> Vitrage could be enhanced to become an alarm orchestrator.
> The question is – do you want Vitrage to be one?
> And how would you describe the role of an alarm orchestrator/manager?

i don't really have an opinion on the orchestrator role although it
seems to be leaning that way.

i'll re-ask a question i had earlier since i'm not entirely clear of
proposal (if it's still relevant):

if we store a vitrage alarm in aodh, what would the use case be for
querying it? the alarm occurred and vitrage has already sent a
notification warning. if i were to query aodh, what additional
information would i be retrieving?

cheers,
--
gord