[openstack-dev] [tripleo] CI Squad Meeting Summary (week 5)

Gabriele Cerami gcerami at redhat.com
Mon Jan 30 14:07:42 UTC 2017

On 30 Jan, Paul Belanger wrote:

> Before you go out an implement some sort of in-repo configuration for testing, I
> strongly encourage you to read up on our Zuulv3 spec[3], as we are providing
> this functionality.  What is comes down to, you'll be able to focus on writing
> tests, where zuul does all the test configuration and provisioning.
>
> [3] https://specs.openstack.org/openstack-infra/infra-specs/specs/zuulv3.html

This is not about provisioning, we concluded we don't want to deal with
that, quickstart just offers a simple virthost provisioning to improve
user experience, but users (or other tools) have to deal with any more
complex topology that may be needed.
But as this tool was implemented with reproducibility in mind, we don't
want to consider just uptream as its consumer.

This effort on the configuration just aims in associating a job name to
a defined set of features we want to test during tripleo deployment.
For example:
When quickstart is called to test a periodic HA ovb on newton, what's
the best way to build and pass a configuration to quickstart that
contains all the variables to activate exactly all the features we want
to test ?
Passing the right configuration will require some automation, and maybe
zuul can help at least upsteam, but creating the configuration is a
manual process, and the results should be consumable by anyone.
We are focusing on this second part, and I can't see any overlap in zuul
for that.