[openstack-dev] [nova] placement/resource providers update 9

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Fri Jan 27 12:03:50 UTC 2017

There was no update last week because I was away. This week's will
be short as we're facing some challenges getting last minutes
resource provider and placement things through the gate. We'll just
do:

What Matters Most
=================

There are two priorty changes in progress that we want to get dealt
with:

* resource tracker adding proper inventory for ironic
   https://review.openstack.org/#/c/404472/

   This looks pretty much ready after some cleanups from Ed overnight.

* scheduler calling the placement API
   https://review.openstack.org/#/c/417961/

   This is struggling in the gate, with issues with the grenade
   multinode job. Efforts to use the minimum service version to make
   sure we don't miscalculate when scheduling are foundering and we're
   struggling to get enough information to understand why.
   Investigations continue throughout today in #openstack-nova.

and:

Bugs
====

Some bugs are actively being worked on so here's a list of bugs
tagged 'placement', 'scheduler' or 'resource-tracker' ordered by
recent activity:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bugs?field.tag=scheduler%20resource-tracker%20placement&field.tags_combinator=ANY&orderby=-date_last_updated&start=0

End
===

There will be a more complete update and catch up next week, at
which point we should have a clear picture of what bugs need to be
addressed and where longer term things stand.

--
Chris Dent                 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯           https://anticdent.org/