[openstack-dev] [neutron] Ocata Feature Freeze

Armando M. armamig at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 00:17:25 UTC 2017

On 26 January 2017 at 12:53, Dariusz Śmigiel <smigiel.dariusz at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear Neutrinos,
> Feature Freeze day arrived! Ocata-3 has been released, so it means
> that no new features will be allowed to current release... The only
> patches approved to be merged should be: release critical or gate
> blocker.
> All outstanding features, that would need to be landed into Ocata,
> will need to receive "Feature Freeze Exception" status.
>
> From now on, we have one week till RC1.
> Please double check release notes and make sure everything is in order.
>
> Thanks,
> Dariusz
> your Release Liaison

Dasm, thanks for the details provided. Let me also add that:

You can find milestone deliverables at [1].

Between now and the official release date (week of Feb 20th, calendar [2]
for more details), we will be busy with the following:

   - cleaning up release notes [3]
   - handling release tasks [4]
   - squashing doc bugs [5]
   - dealing with gate failures [6]
   - apply for FFE on the ocata postmortem [7]
   - for pending efforts that get a FFE granted, there's time until we cut
   an RC1 [8]
   - Pike-1 opens up as soon as RC1 is cut [9] (which I took the liberty to
   seed based on reasonable expectations of the progress we can make on
   outstanding efforts)
   - if you find a RC critical bug, please file it and add bug tag
   'ocata-rc-potential' [10]
   - If you are a subproject maintainer, please check [11], switch to
   release mindset and get ready to prepare an Ocata release.

Be mindful of what you approve for merge (e.g. patches containing DB
migration need special attention), and double check whether it's aimed at
making RC1 solid/complete. If not, please refrain from putting it in the
gate queue, and most of all, *recheck* mindfully.

Many thanks for your help, and when in doubt, reach out!

Cheers,
Armando

[1] https://releases.openstack.org/ocata/index.html
[2] https://releases.openstack.org/ocata/schedule.html
[3] http://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/neutron/unreleased.html
[4] http://docs.openstack.org/developer/neutron/policies/rel
ease-checklist.html
[5] https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bugs?field.tag=doc
[6] https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bugs?field.status%3A
list=NEW&field.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.tag=gate-failure
[7] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/425990
[8] https://launchpad.net/neutron/+milestone/ocata-rc1
[9] https://launchpad.net/neutron/+milestone/pike-1
[10] https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bugs/?field.tag=ocata-rc-potential