[openstack-dev] [neutron] change in argument type for allocate_partially_specified_segment

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Wed Jan 25 18:50:08 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 10:29 PM, Anna Taraday
<akamyshnikova at mirantis.com> wrote:
> Thanks for bringing this up!
>
> I was assuming that from Ocata everyone should switch from usage 'old'
> TunnelTypeDriver to updated one.

I am not sure. We haven't marked the 'old' one with any deprecation
warnings, did we? For Ocata at least, both classes will be available
for use. In Pike, we can look at cleaning up the old class (either
through deprecation warning and removal in Q; or using
NeutronLibImpact process).

> Revering both back to session means reverting all refactor and this is not
> in line with enginefacade work and as I remember some of OVO patches we
> waiting for this refactor too.
>
> I we can duplicate methods or we can check type of the argument if session
> or context and proceed differently. I will push patch for this ASAP.

I reviewed the patch, I think it's a good path forward, thanks.

Ihar