[openstack-dev] [requirements][docs] updating the minimum version of sphinx

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Wed Jan 25 07:40:16 UTC 2017

On 2017-01-25 08:24, Andreas Jaeger  wrote:
> On 2017-01-25 05:03, Matthew Thode  wrote:
>> On 01/24/2017 09:57 PM, Matthew Thode wrote:
>>> Basically I'd like to ask the docs people if they are fine with updating
>>> the minimum version of sphinx from sphinx>=1.2.1,!=1.3b1,<1.4 to
>>> sphinx>=1.5.1.  This change seems fairly major, especially given that
>>> there is no overlay between the 'before' and 'after' versions.
>>>
>>> I'd appreciate docs team reviews on this.  We plan on having a meeting
>>> soon at 10:00 UTC in #openstack-meeting-alt if you care to join.
>>>
>>> https://review.openstack.org/418772
>>>

>> lesigh, was watching John's talk and mistyped...
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRRbogFZEcU
>>
>> retitled...
>

> Docs is not part of requirements sync and has already switched - so this
> is fine for documentation team.
>
> Also, translations work fine...
>
> So, go ahead - I gave my +1 on the review again,

I remember one thing when we switched: Doc team Sphinx Builds error out
on warnings - and sphinx 1.5 gives a warning about :option: usage
without a corresponding ".. option::" declaration.

Looking at
http://codesearch.openstack.org/?q=%3Aoption%3A&i=nope&files=&repos=

We have quite a few projects that use :option: - and if those have
warnings enabled, will fail.

So, might be better to do this after the Ocata release,

Andreas
       HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)