[openstack-dev] [magnum] PTL nomination is open until Jan 29

Hongbin Lu hongbin.lu at huawei.com
Mon Jan 23 21:28:50 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I sent this email to encourage you to run for the Magnum PTL for Pike [1]. I think most of the audience are in this ML so I sent the message to here.

First, I would like to thank for your interest in the Magnum project. It is great to work with you to build the project and make it better and better. Second, I would like to relay a reminder that the Pike PTL nomination is open *now*, and will be closed at Jan 29 23:45 UTC [1]. I wish more than one of you will step up to run for Magnum PTL position. I think the community will be healthier if there are more than one PTL candidates. If you are considering to run, I think the blog post below will help you understand more about this role.

  http://blog.flaper87.com/something-about-being-a-ptl

I strongly agree with the following key points of being a PTL:
* Make sure you will have enough time dedicated to the upstream.
* Prepare to step down in a cycle or two and create the next PTLs.
* Community decides: PTLs are not dictators.

If you have any query to decide, feel free to reach out to me and I am happy to share my past experience of being a Magnum PTL. Below is the history of Magnum PTLs. I sincerely thank them for their leaderships, but I would encourage a change in the upcoming cycles, simply for following the convention of other OpenStack projects to circulate the PTL position, ideally to a new person of a different affiliation. I think this will let everyone feel the ownership of the project and help the community in the long run.

Juno and earlier: Adrian Otto
Kilo: Adrian Otto
Liberty: Adrian Otto
Mitaka: Adrian Otto