[openstack-dev] [Performance][Shaker]

Ilya Shakhat ishakhat at mirantis.com
Mon Jan 23 11:56:15 UTC 2017

Hi Sai,

In UDP testing PPS represents packets sent by iperf client to server. Loss
is the percentage of packets that were not received by server (more
specifically the server tracks packets and sums gaps between of them,
https://github.com/esnet/iperf/blob/3.0.7/src/iperf_udp.c#L64).

While reported PPS depends on bandwidth and concurrency it makes sense to
increase them until loss starts going up, meaning that the communication
channel is near the limit.

Thanks,
Ilya