[openstack-dev] [puppet] PTL candidacy

Alex Schultz aschultz at redhat.com
Fri Jan 20 20:47:11 UTC 2017

Hey folks,

I would like to nominate myself for the PTL role in the Puppet Openstack Team
for the Pike release cycle.

I served as the PTL during the Ocata cycle and would like to continue to serve
for the Pike release cycle. As part of the Ocata cycle we have made some
excellent progress around ensuring a consistent experience when using the
modules. Additionally we have made continued progress around test coverage.

For the Pike cycle, I believe we have a few places to continue to focus.
- Ensuring the modules are updated for Pike changes.
- Continuing to focus on CI integration both upstream and downstream.
- Improving documentation around established patterns and best practices.
- Working on the feedback loop between the puppet modules and upstream services.
- Improving the deprecation cycle to ensure we are catching deprecations in the
  current cycle rather than after configurations have already been removed.

I look forward to working with all of you. As always, I'm open to any
suggestions or ideas for additional places to improve our processes and modules.

Thanks,
Alex Schultz
irc: mwhahaha

https://review.openstack.org/423514