[openstack-dev] [openstack-ansible] Ocata deployed on CentOS 7!

Ian Cordasco sigmavirus24 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 16:14:23 UTC 2017

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Heczko <aheczko at mirantis.com>
Reply: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
<openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
Date: January 19, 2017 at 10:06:14
<openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
Subject:  Re: [openstack-dev] [openstack-ansible] Ocata deployed on CentOS 7!

> Hi Major, great news indeed.
> BTW are you implying that Ubuntu LTS is unstable or not stable enough to
> run OpenStack?
> I think that it would be valuable if you could share more details in this
> regard, point to Ubuntu specific bugs etc.
> Thanks.

I think Major may be referring to some serious performance regressions
found in Ubuntu 16.04. The default system Python is significantly
slower by default. I know he's working with upstream developers to fix
it, but it was problematic for OSA.

--
Ian Cordasco