[openstack-dev] [validations][ui][tripleo] resetting state of validations

Tomas Sedovic tsedovic at redhat.com
Thu Jan 19 10:18:29 UTC 2017

On 01/18/2017 10:14 PM, Dan Trainor wrote:
> Hi -
>
> Is there a way to reset the state of all the validations that have
> previously ran, back to the original state they were prior to running?
>
> Using the UI, for example, some validations (by design) run as soon as
> you log in.  Others run after different actions are completed.  But
> there's a state at which none of the validations have been ran, prior to
> logging in to the UI.  I want to re-run those validations as if I had
> logged in to the UI for the first time, for testing purposes.
>
> Thanks!
> -dant

(adding tripleo to the subject)

I don't believe there is a Mistral action that would let you do a reset
like that, but a potential workaround would be to clone an existing
plan. When you switch to the clone in the UI, it should be in the state
you're asking for.

I don't have a tripleo env handy so I can't verify this will work, but I
do seem to remember it behaving that way.

Tomas