[openstack-dev] [Cinder] Ocata Priority Sprint

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Wed Jan 18 15:03:03 UTC 2017

Just to raise awareness - we've discussed this in channel and in the
weekly meeting.

Today and tomorrow we will be doing a short sprint to focus on getting
the Active/Active HA and new Attach/Detach API work reviewed and merged.

Lists of patches for both efforts can be found in our review tracking
etherpad:

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/cinder-spec-review-tracking

We welcome anyone who has time to review and test these patches to help
us get this out of the way with enough time left in the cycle to make
sure there are not any unintended side effects.

My main priority at this point is that we are able to add this code
without breaking any existing functionality. Hopefully we can get things
in without any major bugs, but I do think we are better getting these
in without breaking things, then iterating on them, rather than holding
things off until we are 100% confident the new features work correctly.

Not that we want to merge bad code. I just don't want to see these
efforts delayed for yet another cycle because we are looking for
perfection. ;)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sean