[openstack-dev] [all] [barbican] [security] Why are projects trying to avoid Barbican, still?

Rob C hyakuhei at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 18:43:25 UTC 2017

> The last I checked, Rob, they also support DogTag IPA which is purely
> a Software based HSM. Hopefully the Barbican team can confirm this.
> --
> Ian Cordasco

Yup, that's my understanding too. However, that requires Barbican _and_
Dogtag, an even bigger overhead. Especially as at least historically
Dogtag has been difficult to maintain. If you have a deployment already,
there's a great synergy there. If you don't then it introduces a lot of
overhead.

I'm interested to know if an out of the box, stand alone software-only
version of Barbican would be any more appealing

Cheers
-Rob