[openstack-dev] [Cinder] Marking Tintri driver as unsupported

Silvan Kaiser silvan at quobyte.com
Mon Jan 16 07:52:34 UTC 2017

Apoorva, Sean,
after some time i managed to bring up Quobyte CI last friday which tested
fine [1,2,3] for a short time and then ran into the same issues with
manage_snapshot
related tempest tests Apoorva describes (Starting chronologically at [4]).
>From here i see two steps:
a) look into the reason for the issue with manage_snapshot tests
b) a short note on how to proceed for marking drivers with reinstated CIs
back as supported is much appreciated
Best
Silvan

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/412085/4
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/313140/24
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/418643/6
[4] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/363010/42

> Sean,
>
> We have resolved issues related to our CI infra[1][2]. At this point
> manage_snapshot related tempest tests (2) are failing, but Tintri driver
> does not support manage/unmanage snapshot functionalities.
>
> Could you please assist me on how to skip these tests? We are using sos-ci
> for our CI runs.
>
> If this satisfies the compliance requirements can I propose a patch to
> revert changes introduced by [3] and make Tintri driver SUPPORTED again?
>
> [1] http://openstack-ci.tintri.com/tintri/refs-changes-69-353069-52/
> [2] http://openstack-ci.tintri.com/tintri/refs-changes-10-419710-2/
>
> On Sat, Dec 17, 2016 at 6:34 PM, Apoorva Deshpande <apps.desh at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Sean,
>>
>> As communicated earlier [1][2][3], Tintri CI is facing a devstack failure
>> issue, potentially due to [4].
>> We are working on it and request you to give us more time before
>> approving the unsupported driver patch [5].
>>

>> [1] https://www.mail-archive.com/openstack-dev@lists.opensta
>> ck.org/msg97085.html
>> [2] https://www.mail-archive.com/openstack-dev@lists.opensta
>> ck.org/msg97057.html
>> [3] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-
>> cinder/%23openstack-cinder.2016-12-05.log.html
>>
>> On Sat, Dec 17, 2016 at 2:05 AM, Sean McGinnis <sean.mcginnis at gmx.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Checking name: Tintri CI
>>> last seen: 2016-12-16 16:50:50 (0:43:36 old)
>>> last success: 2016-11-16 20:42:29 (29 days, 20:45:46 old)
>>> success rate: 19%
>>>
>>> Per Cinder's non-compliance policy [1] this patch [2] marks
>>> the driver as unsupported and deprecated and it will be
>>> approved if the issue is not corrected by the next cycle.
>>>
>>> [1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Cinder/tested-3rdParty-drive
>>> rs#Non-Compliance_Policy
>>> [2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/411975/

Dr. Silvan Kaiser
Quobyte GmbH
Hardenbergplatz 2, 10623 Berlin - Germany
+49-30-814 591 800 - www.quobyte.com<http://www.quobyte.com/>
Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg, HRB 149012B
Management board: Dr. Felix Hupfeld, Dr. Björn Kolbeck, Dr. Jan Stender