[openstack-dev] [nova][puppet][tripleo][kolla][fuel] Let's talk nova cell v2 deployments and upgrades

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Sun Jan 15 22:03:23 UTC 2017

On 1/13/2017 6:56 PM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
> On 1/13/2017 2:05 PM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
>>
>> Documenting this is going to be a priority. We should have something up
>> for review in Nova by next week (like Monday), at least a draft.
>>

> Dan Smith has a start on the docs here:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/420198/

We got some more updates in the cells v2 wiki here:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova-Cells-v2

We now have patches up for creating, listing and deleting cells v2 cells.

Dan Smith has a patch up to fix the cell0 DB connection naming (it was
using the API DB connection but should be the main DB connection), this
is going to require a change to the from-newton upgrade script in
grenade (those patches are also update in grenade and devstack).

We've had good review on Dan's initial docs patch so I expect that to be
merged on Monday.

Matt Riedemann