[openstack-dev] [infra][Neutron] Running out of memory on gate for linux bridge job

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Jan 13 16:05:35 UTC 2017

On 2017-01-13 16:48:26 +0100 (+0100), Jakub Libosvar wrote:
[...]
> Does anybody know whether we can bump memory on nodes in the gate without
> losing resources for running other jobs?
[...]

We picked 8gb back when typical devstack-gate jobs only used around
2gb of memory, to make sure there was a hard upper limit developers
could expect when trying to recreate the same tests locally on their
systems. It would take a lot of convincing to raise that further
(and yes it would reduce the number of test instances we can run in
most of our providers since memory is generally the limiting factor
for our nova quotas).
--
Jeremy Stanley