[openstack-dev] [nova][nova-docker] Time to retire nova-docker?

Álvaro López García aloga at ifca.unican.es
Fri Jan 13 11:59:18 UTC 2017

On 22 Dec 2016 (21:30), Matt Riedemann wrote:

> (...)
>
> I know people are running it and hacking on it outside of the community
> repo, which is fine, and if someone doing that wanted to stand up and say
> they wanted to own the repo and be the core team I'd be fine with that too,
> but so far no one has done that in the last few years. If you're already
> maintaining it outside of the community I don't know why you wouldn't just
> do that development in the open, and maybe get a free bug fix at times from
> another contributor, but I suppose people have their reasons (secret sauce
> and all that). So meh.

We are using nova-docker and we have contributed back several changes,
(some improvements and some bugfixes) to the community. We cannot aford
the burden of being the core team for nova-docker though, but we would
be happy to see nova-docker maintained at least until Zun is not in beta
status.

Cheers,
Álvaro López García                              aloga at ifca.unican.es
Instituto de Física de Cantabria         http://alvarolopez.github.io
Ed. Juan Jordá, Campus UC                      tel: (+34) 942 200 969
Avda. de los Castros s/n                            skype: aloga.csic
39005 Santander (SPAIN)