[openstack-dev] [tripleo] CI Squad Meeting Summary

Attila Darazs adarazs at redhat.com
Thu Jan 12 17:26:26 UTC 2017

We had our first meeting as the the CI Squad today. We re-purposed our
"Quickstart to Upstream Transitioning" meeting into the Squad meeting,
so the topics were and will be focused on the transition for the next
month or so.

Everybody interested in the TripleO CI and Quickstart is welcome to join
the meeting:

Time: Thursdays, 15:30-16:30 UTC
Place: https://bluejeans.com/4113567798/

Meeting summary:

* The Quickstart transition does not seem to have any blockers or
bottlenecks for the time being, we are on track to be ready at the end
of the Ocata cycle, and switch in the beginning of Pike.

* The new Quickstart based OVB jobs are working consistently and
reliably, though the tinyrpc.server bug affected them just like the
regular jobs.

* Got our first overcloud deploy today on the Quickstart based nodepool
multinode jobs, big kudos to bkero and trown for making it happen. The
verification part still needs work though.

* The experimental queue is overloaded, we will move OVB workloads to
the multinode jobs once we get them working reliably.

* We might want to change the experimental OVB jobs to run container and
composable upgrade jobs instead for increased coverage, but we need more
input on that, we will discuss it on the next TripleO meeting.

* Selecting the proper configuration to use for each gate/period job is
not optimal, we should rethink the system during the transition to
Quickstart. This needs a design session. Also we need an up-to-date job
type - functionality matrix like this[1].

* We voted to keep the meetings on BlueJeans and at 15:30 UTC.

* We will keep tracking the transition work on the RDO Infra Trello
board with the [Q to U] tags, maybe move to the CI Squad board on Trello
later. We should also look at Storyboard and see if that would be useful
to switch to.

Full meeting minutes and notes:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-ci-squad-meeting

Best regards,