[openstack-dev] [neutron] PTL nominations deadline and non-candidacy

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Jan 12 03:16:38 UTC 2017

On 1/9/2017 8:11 AM, Armando M. wrote:
> I would like to think that I was able to exercise
> the influence on the goals I set out with my first self-nomination [2].

"just like nations are asked to keep their sovereign debt below a
certain healthy threshold."

I'm not sure which Utopia you're living in, but it must be magical. Was
that written before or after 2008, or Brexit, or Trump...?

Reading further into your Mitaka candidacy patch there is the mention of
nova-network and migrating from that. Just looking back to the Vancouver
summit (maybe even Paris) we were grappling with how to migrate to
Neutron, or if people even wanted to migrate from nova-network at all
(remember nova-network has been deprecated twice now). We're now at a
point that nova-network is deprecated for the second time, Neutron is
the default networking service in our CI jobs on master *except* for the
wart that is cells v1, but we're handling that too. The point is,
Neutron has come a LONG way in the past year and a half and I give a lot
of credit to the persistent focused effort of you as PTL for Neutron and
the way this group works, governs itself, and has fostered other leaders
within the team. It doesn't even seem that long ago but time flies.

I'm glad you'll be staying on and I appreciate the work we've already
done together between our two projects.

Matt Riedemann