[openstack-dev] [cinder] Deprecate Cinder Linux SMB driver

Lucian Petrut lpetrut at cloudbasesolutions.com
Wed Jan 11 17:28:16 UTC 2017

Hi,

We're planning to deprecate the Cinder Linux SMB driver. We're taking
this decision mostly because of its limitations and lack of demand,
unlike the Windows SMB driver which is largely adopted and the current
to-go Cinder driver in Hyper-V deployments.

We're going to mark it as unsupported for Ocata, completely removing it
in Pike. Our CI will continue to send reports for this driver until it's
completely removed. We'll update the release notes and related
documentation accordingly.

My question is: are there any other requirements on our side in this
process? Do we need a spec for this?

Regards,
Lucian Petrut
Cloudbase Solutions SRL