[openstack-dev] [oslo][monasca] Can we uncap python-kafka ?

Mehdi Abaakouk sileht at sileht.net
Wed Jan 11 07:25:30 UTC 2017

The library final release is really soon, and we are still blocked on
this topic. If this is not solved, we will release one more time an
unusable driver in oslo.messging.

I want to remember that people current uses the kafka driver in
production with 'downstream patches' ready since 1 years to make it
works.

We recently remove the kafka dep from oslo.messaging to be able to merge
some of these patches. But we can't untag the experimental flag of
this driver until the dependency issue is solved.

So what can we do to unblock this situation ?

--
Mehdi Abaakouk
mail: sileht at sileht.net
]]irc: sileht