[openstack-dev] [QA][Nova]Making gate-tempest-dsvm-full-devstack-plugin-ceph-ubuntu-xenial non voting

Jordan Pittier jordan.pittier at scality.com
Tue Jan 10 15:02:11 UTC 2017

Hi,
I don't know if you've noticed but
the gate-tempest-dsvm-full-devstack-plugin-ceph-ubuntu-xenial job has a
high rate of false negative. I've queried Gerrit and analysed all the
"Verified -2" messages left by Jenkins (i.e Gate failure) for the last 30
days. (script is here [1]).

On project openstack/nova: For the last 58 times where
gate-tempest-dsvm-full-devstack-plugin-ceph-ubuntu-xenial ran AND jenkins
left a 'Verified -2' message, the job failed 48 times and succeeded 10
times.

On project openstack/tempest: For the last 25 times where
gate-tempest-dsvm-full-devstack-plugin-ceph-ubuntu-xenial ran AND jenkins
left a 'Verified -2' message, the job failed 14 times and succeeded 11
times.

In order words, when there's a gate failure
gate-tempest-dsvm-full-devstack-plugin-ceph-ubuntu-xenial is the main
culprit, by a significant margin.

I am Tempest core reviewer and this bugs me because it slows the
development of the project I care for reasons that I don't really
understand. I am going to propose a change to make this job non voting on
openstack/tempest.

Jordan

[1] :
https://github.com/JordanP/openstack-snippets/blob/master/analyse-gate-failures/analyse_gate_failures.py