[openstack-dev] [networking-sfc] Limitation on port chains + flow classifiers

Duarte Cardoso, Igor igor.duarte.cardoso at intel.com
Tue Jan 10 13:13:07 UTC 2017

Hi networking-sfc,

While working on the SFC Graphs patch, I observed the following limitation when creating port-chains: http://paste.openstack.org/show/594387/.

My objective was to have 2 port-chains acting on the same classification of traffic but from different logical source ports - my expectation was that there wouldn't be any clash here.

However, the flow-classifiers clash when they are associated to those 2 different port-chains.

The exception is raised in [1] and the attributes of the flow-classifier being checked are in [2], where neither logical source port or logical destination port are specified.

Is there a specific reasoning behind this or can it be considered a bug? For the SFC Graphs work, it's important that this limitation be lifted - I'm happy to submit a patch to correct it.
Let me know your thoughts.

[1] https://github.com/openstack/networking-sfc/blob/9b4a918177768a036c192a62fa473841c333b644/networking_sfc/db/sfc_db.py#L259
[2] https://github.com/openstack/networking-sfc/blob/b8dd1151343fef826043f408cd3027c5133fde30/networking_sfc/db/flowclassifier_db.py#L159

Best regards,