[openstack-dev] ovsdpdk mitaka

Mooney, Sean K sean.k.mooney at intel.com
Tue Jan 10 12:29:09 UTC 2017

Hi
In mitaka all support for ovs-dpdk was merged upstream into the standard neutron openvswitch agent and ml2 driver.
The networking-ovs-dpdk-agent was removed in liberty and the ml2 driver was removed in mitaka.
For mitaka+ networking-ovs-dpdk primarily provides a devstack plugin to compile and install ovs and dpdk from source, a puppet module(now deprecated) todo the same
and a learn action based firewall driver.

The stable mitaka branch of networking-ovs-dpdk has only been tested with Ubuntu 14.04,centos7 and I believe fedora 22
It may work on 16.04 but I am not sure if there are systemd patches from newton that are not backported.
Regards
sean