[openstack-dev] [tripleo][ui] FYI, the tripleo-ui package is currently broken

Julie Pichon jpichon at redhat.com
Mon Jan 9 13:20:04 UTC 2017

On 6 January 2017 at 14:52, Julie Pichon <jpichon at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Just a heads-up that the DLRN "current"/dev package for the Tripleo UI
> is broken in Ocata and will cause the UI to only show a blank page,
> until we resolve some dependencies issues within the -deps package.
>
> If I understand correctly, we ended up with an incomplete package
> because we were silently ignoring errors during builds [1] - many
> thanks to Honza for the debugging work, and the patch!!

The good news: the 'stop on error' patch merged, meaning we will catch
such errors early in the future, and won't be able to merge patches
until the dependencies are properly sorted out. A backport was also
proposed at [1].

The bad news: because currently we're already in a "missing
dependencies" state due to patches that merged with silent errors and
the older -deps package, no patch can merge on tripleo-ui until the
-deps package gets updated. I'm not sure about the ETA for the new
-deps package but the good folks on #rdo are looking into it (see
also [2]).

Thanks,

Julie

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/417866/