[openstack-dev] [Vitrage] About alarms reported by datasource and the alarms generated by vitrage evaluator

Afek, Ifat (Nokia - IL) ifat.afek at nokia.com
Sun Jan 8 06:57:44 UTC 2017

Hi Yujun,

Thanks for the explanation, but I still don’t fully understand.

Let me start with the current state:
1.       introduce a flexible `metadata` dict in to ALARM entity
[Ifat] Already exists. An alarm is represented as a vertex in the entity graph, with a dictionary of properties.
2.       Allow generating update event[1] on metadata change
3.       Allow using ALARM metadata in scenario condition
[Ifat] Already exists. You can define properties in the ‘entities’ section in Vitrage templates
4.       Allow setting ALARM metadata in scenario action

If I understand correctly, you are suggesting that one scenario will add metadata to an existing alarm, which will trigger an event, and as a result another scenario might be executed?
Can you describe a use case where this behavior will help calculating the root cause?

Thanks,
Ifat.