[openstack-dev] [Vitrage] About introduce suspect state of a alarm

Afek, Ifat (Nokia - IL) ifat.afek at nokia.com
Fri Jan 6 18:26:38 UTC 2017

Hi YinLiYin,

I’m not sure I understood the use case. Are you using a monitor that raises alarms A, B, C, D, and E? or does the monitor raise only alarms A and C, and the other alarms are deduced alarms created by Vitrage?

In Vitrage templates you can determine causal relationship between different alarms. No matter who generated the alarm (Vitrage, Nagios, Zabbix, Aodh…), you can model that A is a cause for B etc. You can also model that (B or D) is a cause of E.

If you see in Vitrage UI that alarms A, B and E are triggered, you can open the Root Casue Analysis view for one of them and see the A->B->E chain. In this use case, C and D are not triggered at all, and you will not see them in the UI.

In what use case will you ‘suspect’ A or C? can you describe it in more details?

Best Regards,
Ifat.